Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dusty old IRD Fast Track Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
Recently started working for a company, and discovered they have a long neglected Fast Track. I have the software, (floppies!) IQ2000 V 1.07, but the security hasp is long gone. Anybody know a workaround or software source? The new employer isn't too interested in predictive maint.(but apparently was), and there have been a few times an analyzer would have been handy. Are there other software alternatives?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RIKKITIK,

Posts: 12 | Location: Ripon, CA | Registered: 05 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The IRD Fast Track would interface with Entek/IRD 'PM Power' software. PM Power was basically Entek Emonitor/Examine with drivers developed for the Fast Track, IRD Model 890 and the dataPAC family of collectors.

I think Entek Odyssey software also supported the older IRD hardware also. Perhaps Greg Hood, a current Rockwell associate (I think) and former Entek help-line associate, can provide clarity on that assertion.

Gary Forsythe

Posts: 111 | Location: Blair, Nebraska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply. I'll try to look him up. At my prvious place of employment, (LLNL - national laboratory), I used primarily CSI, (2110->2130), but started out on an IRD 880. Now working for a small local power / water utility, I miss vibration analysis as much as I thought I would. Anyway, I was pleasantly suprised to find the old IRD, and I'm fairly determined to make it work. I'd love to get it funtional and solve a couple "legacy" problems they, (the utility), have had for years. The're not to interested in investing anything in predictive or vibe right now. I also found an old Bently TK-20, which might be easier, no software involved. I searched this forum and found a zip file posted by Bruce Sheppard, but haven't been able to get the PC and IRD to communicate. Thanks again for the response.

Posts: 12 | Location: Ripon, CA | Registered: 05 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Rikkitik:

Do you have the old ird software, I have an old ird fastrack, too.

Posts: 27 | Location: México | Registered: 09 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I do. I'm missing the security key to activate it though. The batteries in the box are no good, which is a problem I can fix. The box programming apparently goes away when the batteries go dead. I haven't been able to get the pc and box to communicate though. I found a downloadable in the archives on this site, but still can't get comm. up. All I get from the box is "Establishing comlink".

posted Hide Post
Do you have the fastload program on the PC? I have the folowwing files that were used in the fastrack. FTV421_E.$90 FBALV320.$90 CDNV320.$90 and the FASTLOAD.exe file if you need.

Posts: 71 | Location: New Mexico, USA | Registered: 09 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I have those files. It may be that I'm not loading or configed properly. I'm a bit rusty on my DOS commands. Through Win 2000:
Command prompt to DOS >
C:CD IRD >
C:\ird>FASTLOAD.EXE >
FASTLOAD Sceen appears with; FASTLOAD enviornment not set
Path shows C:\IRD >
Config >
Path C:\IRD
File FTV421_E.$90
Port 1
Baud 9600 >
Load instrument >
FASTRACK shows , TRANSFER MODE
ESTABLISHING COMLINK
pc eventually times out, with cable / conn. message
I cannot access pc setup menu, company computer - password protected. If you (or someone), could enlighten me as to the correct setup I would really appreciate it. Thanks much for the response! - Rick

posted Hide Post
I don't go into DOS. If you double click on the Fastload.exe it automatically opens DOS and let's you configure the com port and baud. Here is a screen shot.

Word Docscreenshot.doc (35 Kb, 26 downloads)

Posts: 71 | Location: New Mexico, USA | Registered: 09 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi, if you have interested i have a iq2000 with a virtual dongle. I wait your answer.

Posts: 13 | Location: Mexico | Registered: 29 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, do you still have a problem with you fast track??? and don't have a software to work????

Posts: 13 | Location: Mexico | Registered: 29 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I do. Had to put it on hold for a while. Pleae pm cost of program/dongle. Thank you. - Rick

posted Hide Post
Hi,
I also have an 890 Fast Track and the FASTLOAD software, and like you have downloaded it to the unit. I can't get it to work though, since is not compatible with the analysis software that I use. Apparently it only runs with EMonitor Odyssey software. It's a shame really beause it's in perfect conditions Frowner

Posts: 61 | Location: Venezuela | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put in the internet a video that the way i work with the IQ2000 in a computer with XP, this is the link, and give me your mail to send you the information. Bye!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?a6ohavw6irm1448

posted Hide Post
Please send to rickelaine1@comcast.net, Thanks. Finally able to load O/S to Fast Track, it's fully operational now! - Rick

posted Hide Post
quote:
I put in the internet a video that the way i work with the IQ2000 in a computer with XP, this is the link, and give me your mail to send you the information. Bye!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?a6ohavw6irm1448

I don't know what a .rar file is, apparently my pc doesn't either. Link was unplayable, did get alot of spam though.