Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dusty old IRD Fast Track Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
Recently started working for a company, and discovered they have a long neglected Fast Track. I have the software, (floppies!) IQ2000 V 1.07, but the security hasp is long gone. Anybody know a workaround or software source? The new employer isn't too interested in predictive maint.(but apparently was), and there have been a few times an analyzer would have been handy. Are there other software alternatives?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RIKKITIK,

Posts: 12 | Location: Ripon, CA | Registered: 05 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The IRD Fast Track would interface with Entek/IRD 'PM Power' software. PM Power was basically Entek Emonitor/Examine with drivers developed for the Fast Track, IRD Model 890 and the dataPAC family of collectors.

I think Entek Odyssey software also supported the older IRD hardware also. Perhaps Greg Hood, a current Rockwell associate (I think) and former Entek help-line associate, can provide clarity on that assertion.

Gary Forsythe

Posts: 111 | Location: Blair, Nebraska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply. I'll try to look him up. At my prvious place of employment, (LLNL - national laboratory), I used primarily CSI, (2110->2130), but started out on an IRD 880. Now working for a small local power / water utility, I miss vibration analysis as much as I thought I would. Anyway, I was pleasantly suprised to find the old IRD, and I'm fairly determined to make it work. I'd love to get it funtional and solve a couple "legacy" problems they, (the utility), have had for years. The're not to interested in investing anything in predictive or vibe right now. I also found an old Bently TK-20, which might be easier, no software involved. I searched this forum and found a zip file posted by Bruce Sheppard, but haven't been able to get the PC and IRD to communicate. Thanks again for the response.

Posts: 12 | Location: Ripon, CA | Registered: 05 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Rikkitik:

Do you have the old ird software, I have an old ird fastrack, too.

Posts: 27 | Location: México | Registered: 09 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I do. I'm missing the security key to activate it though. The batteries in the box are no good, which is a problem I can fix. The box programming apparently goes away when the batteries go dead. I haven't been able to get the pc and box to communicate though. I found a downloadable in the archives on this site, but still can't get comm. up. All I get from the box is "Establishing comlink".

posted Hide Post
Do you have the fastload program on the PC? I have the folowwing files that were used in the fastrack. FTV421_E.$90 FBALV320.$90 CDNV320.$90 and the FASTLOAD.exe file if you need.

Posts: 72 | Location: New Mexico, USA | Registered: 09 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I have those files. It may be that I'm not loading or configed properly. I'm a bit rusty on my DOS commands. Through Win 2000:
Command prompt to DOS >
C:CD IRD >
C:\ird>FASTLOAD.EXE >
FASTLOAD Sceen appears with; FASTLOAD enviornment not set
Path shows C:\IRD >
Config >
Path C:\IRD
File FTV421_E.$90
Port 1
Baud 9600 >
Load instrument >
FASTRACK shows , TRANSFER MODE
ESTABLISHING COMLINK
pc eventually times out, with cable / conn. message
I cannot access pc setup menu, company computer - password protected. If you (or someone), could enlighten me as to the correct setup I would really appreciate it. Thanks much for the response! - Rick

posted Hide Post
I don't go into DOS. If you double click on the Fastload.exe it automatically opens DOS and let's you configure the com port and baud. Here is a screen shot.

Word Docscreenshot.doc (35 Kb, 31 downloads)

Posts: 72 | Location: New Mexico, USA | Registered: 09 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi, if you have interested i have a iq2000 with a virtual dongle. I wait your answer.

Posts: 13 | Location: Mexico | Registered: 29 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, do you still have a problem with you fast track??? and don't have a software to work????

Posts: 13 | Location: Mexico | Registered: 29 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I do. Had to put it on hold for a while. Pleae pm cost of program/dongle. Thank you. - Rick

posted Hide Post
Hi,
I also have an 890 Fast Track and the FASTLOAD software, and like you have downloaded it to the unit. I can't get it to work though, since is not compatible with the analysis software that I use. Apparently it only runs with EMonitor Odyssey software. It's a shame really beause it's in perfect conditions Frowner

Posts: 61 | Location: Venezuela | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put in the internet a video that the way i work with the IQ2000 in a computer with XP, this is the link, and give me your mail to send you the information. Bye!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?a6ohavw6irm1448

posted Hide Post
Please send to rickelaine1@comcast.net, Thanks. Finally able to load O/S to Fast Track, it's fully operational now! - Rick

posted Hide Post
quote:
I put in the internet a video that the way i work with the IQ2000 in a computer with XP, this is the link, and give me your mail to send you the information. Bye!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?a6ohavw6irm1448

I don't know what a .rar file is, apparently my pc doesn't either. Link was unplayable, did get alot of spam though.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert U.:
Do you have the fastload program on the PC? I have the folowwing files that were used in the fastrack. FTV421_E.$90 FBALV320.$90 CDNV320.$90 and the FASTLOAD.exe file if you need.

Hi
I have an ird fastrack without O/S. I need the fast load.exe file and help in getting Fastrack to download and communicate with the computer to download and display route data. I also need pmpower software with key to analyze data. I am looking for help in getting this fastrack to acquire vibration data and display/print.

Thank you

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: 13 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have the files for the Fastrack if you want to provide an e-mail address I can send them to you.

posted Hide Post
Hello Robert
We have a old FastTrack out of service because the computer that had the IQ2000 and the Fast Track firmware broke. We would like to have this instrument as backup for balancing...
We really be thankfull if you can send the files
dinamaq@dinamaq.com

Javier

Posts: 26 | Location: Uruguay | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIKKITIK:
I don't know what a .rar file is, apparently my pc doesn't either. Link was unplayable, did get alot of spam though.

An RAR file is a method of compressing multiple files into a single file, not unlike Winzip. RAR is more common overseas where as you likely know Winzip is common in the states. If you still need the content, you can find some tools online that will unzip it for you.

The link http://www.convertfiles.com/co...hive/RAR-to-ZIP.html provides a method to upload an RAR file and you get back a link with the desired output after conversion. I would use with care and scan the results for a virus prior to opening any file.

Posts: 2784 | Location: Exton PA | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post