Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GE bearing cross reference Login/Join

posted
Hi guys, I have a motor on a belt conveyor which shows considerable drag (when rotating the motor shaft by hand) and considerable end play on the shaft (in the order of an 1/8th of an inch or so).

So I would like to replace the bearings, but the General Electric numbers only link me to aircraft parts site (which sounds like big bucks to me).

Could one of you be so kind as to cross reference the GE bearings to a different manufacturer please?

The bearing numbers are:

30bc02xp
40bc02xp

They are for a 7 1/5 hp motor and I would consider the environment to be rough-to-severe duty (California desert).

Thanks guys,

John

Posts: 5 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 30 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you said GE I almost didn't bother looking. GE and Westinghouse part numbers are impossible to decode without a supersecret magic cross reference.

But these are ABMA numbers... easy to decode.
30BC02 = 6206
40BC02 = 6208
The 6206 and 6208 are part number formats used by SKF and several others.

xp I'm' not sure about, but it won't affect the fault frequencies.

Posts: 6101 | Location: Texas Gulf Coast | Registered: 20 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great! Thanks so much. Smiler

And I don't need to worry about the "XP" suffix?

Posts: 5 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 30 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posts: 4100 | Location: Texas Gulf Coast | Registered: 20 February 2005

Rootboy,
I have attached the document for converting those numbers. It looks like the X is for standard manufacturer's cage and the P is for metal shield.

Ronnie

Word DocBearing_Identification_AFBMA_Bearing_Numbers.doc (40 Kb, 54 downloads)

Posts: 431 | Location: Mobile, AL | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rootboy, I have sheet that may be help to you down the road.
Send me your email either on here or at reevans@longfibre.com

Posts: 268 | Location: Longview, Washisington | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again guys, I do appreciate it. Smiler