Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CSI 2130 Login/Join

posted
We currently have a 2120, and need to purchase a new unit. I'm looking at the 2130, and am unsure of the capabilities. I'd like to be able to do balancing in the shop and field, and also perform vibration analysis on machinery in operation. I'm unsure if I need a 2 channel unit, or if single channel is enough. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posts: 5 | Location: ABQ, NM | Registered: 14 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thedroid1,
there are already a lot discussion about CSI 2130. You can try to search in this forums, use keyword CSI 2130.
regards

Posts: 93 | Location: Indonesia | Registered: 10 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion having the dual channels alone is enough to warrant an upgrade.

Use the "Find" button on top and you will get this thread:

http://maintenanceforums.com/e...091040463#5091040463

Aubrey

Aubrey

Posts: 836 | Location: USA | Registered: 17 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the new release of hardware upgrade on the 2130 it has cut data collection time almost in half.
Dave

Posts: 634 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 20 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't have much experience with anything other than the 2110, 2120, and 2130. I have had my 2130 dual channel for about 6 years now and never a single problem, never lost data, never had it quit on me in the field. And I don't baby it, don't even keep it in a case. Very, very reliable. And will do most anything you need it to. Still don't understand why they haven't added a data recorder capability with memory as cheap as it is these days. Other than that, not much else you'd need for field use.

Posts: 3090 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty Castleman:
Don't have much experience with anything other than the 2110, 2120, and 2130. I have had my 2130 dual channel for about 6 years now and never a single problem, never lost data, never had it quit on me in the field. And I don't baby it, don't even keep it in a case. Very, very reliable. And will do most anything you need it to. Still don't understand why they haven't added a data recorder capability with memory as cheap as it is these days. Other than that, not much else you'd need for field use.

Hey Rusty they do have a data recorder for the 2130! But you have to buy the "advanced transient" package for your 2130. Not sure on the price for it.

Work hard towards the proper solution, or do nothing and become part of the problem!

Posts: 77 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 28 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi droid1,

As far as I know CSI still have a trade in program where you hand in your 2120 in return for generous discount on your new 2130. This deal expires at the end of 2011 as I am told by local distributor here in Australia. So hopefully you could follow that direction. If your 2120 has any DLP's (such as fast ball1 or 2) they are also transferred to the new 2130. You need to check this with your distributor - I don't represent them. If you can afford it go 2 channel. How many channels is your 2120? You get a discount either way but not so much if you go from 1 channel up to 2.

Posts: 1026 | Location: Australia | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Transient. I was thinking of the equivalent of a DAT so one could actually "replay" a raw signal and analyze it any way you wanted. All you have with Transient is a digitized TWF that you can create spectra from. But it's not a true data recorder. Seems of limited use to me. Or am I missing something?

Posts: 3090 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Reynolds:
With the new release of hardware upgrade on the 2130 it has cut data collection time almost in half.
Dave

When did this hardware upgrade come out? I was unaware of it.

Posts: 301 | Location: US | Registered: 26 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You would really be satisfied with your decision once you upgrade to csi 2130 or have a new one (dual channel)

Very Fast, Rugged, I would say go for it.

Posts: 67 | Location: @ | Registered: 18 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For sure...purchase 2130 2 channel will bring more information for VA. Smiler

Posts: 11 | Location: Indonesia | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave,

What did CSI do in the firmware to cut down on the collection time?

Aubrey

Aubrey

Posts: 836 | Location: USA | Registered: 17 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, I am with Aubrey in wondering about the "reduced" collection time.... is it possible that when you updated your firmware that you inadvertently changed some parameters which reduced the collection time, possibly the number of HFD collections, or the average overlap?

posted Hide Post
The newer 2130s do in fact collect data faster.
The newer boards have an SD card slot and RJ45 (Ethernet) connector under teh right rubber boot on the bottom.

CETMA

Posts: 3 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK,

I will bite.

How does the SD card and ethernet cable help with data collection?

The ethernet can help with data downloads and maybe the SD card is faster transfering data after collecting it.

But Dave didn't say he changed is SD card after his upgrade so he would probably have the same configuration as he started with.

Aubrey

Aubrey

posted Hide Post
2130’s purchased in late 2007 or later have built in Ethernet & SD slots. This is the easiest way to tell if you have the newer hardware. The newer hardware also includes a faster processor and more memory. For some customer applications, this has resulted in much faster data collection times.

If you have an older 2130 without the built in Ehternet/SD you can possibly upgrade your unit to this version. This is not included in Support Agreement, there is a cost. The unit will need to come into Knoxville Repair Center. For pricing, contact your sales person, or send email to support and we will forward to the appropirate person to get you the quote for this upgrade.

Product Support
Machinery Health Management
800-833-8314
mhm.custserv@emerson.com

Posts: 40 | Location: Knoxville, TN | Registered: 08 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting that I've been a 2110/2120/2130 user for 24 years, and I didn't know about the "newer hardware" version of the the 2130 that started shipping in 2007.

I think Emerson is missing a real marketing opportunity.