Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bearing code numbers Login/Join

posted
I am trying to figure out what type of bearings my motors have so that I can set up a preventative maintenance schedule. I have all their bearing numbers from off the motor nameplate. However, I havent found any reliable information on what the bearing codes mean. I have found this site: http://www.cmec-jz.com/english/service/index.asp . That site has information that doesnt apply to most bearings. For example, some of my codes have seal and shield codes that are mentioned in that site, but others do not.

Does anyone know of some information that will tell me what the bearing codes mean?

Posts: 1 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I got it loaded this time...........

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vibbase,

ensing-dot-ron-at-irvingtissue-dot-ca

Word DocAFBMA_to_SKF.doc (47 Kb, 116 downloads)

Posts: 473 | Location: Great White North | Registered: 21 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are many articles on bearing and their number code under alignment, balancing and vibration on the next header. Speed dictates frequency gengerally and also the ABEC number has a factor to adjust frequency.
A 110BC03ZZ AFBMA bearing number would read as a 110 mm bore - concrad - C3 fit - shielded. So a 110 mm bore may read as a SKF 6322 bearing (22 X 5 = 110). You can go to the SKF site and get a lot of info as well.

Cordially,
Sam Pickens
pdmsampickens@gmail.com

Posts: 1872 | Location: Eastern USA | Registered: 04 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you search AFBMA on the vib forum you will find a number of threads on the subject. One here:

http://maintenanceforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/375...111055511#8111055511

Posts: 6045 | Location: Texas Gulf Coast | Registered: 20 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post